At Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:34:42 +0100,
私 wrote:

> At Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:50:32 +0100,
> Florian Schmidt wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > i tried to install and use the jack plugin [alsa-lib]. I failed. Here's
> > what i did.
> >
> > 1.] tried to build alsa-lib with ./configure --with-jack. It accepted
> > the configure parameter, but didn't build or install the jack plugin
> > upon make; make install
>
> oh, a clear bug :)

let me correct myself:

it's not a bug at all.  also, --with-jack option was removed now.

to compile and install jack, you need to move to src/pcm/ext
directory, and run "make jack" and "make install-jack".
this is intentional.

> > 2.] tried to go directly to alsa-lib/src/pcm/ext/ and buildt the plugin
> > manually. seemingly succeeded, but make install-jack failed with this
> > error:
>
> well, i've not tested this plugin for a long time.
> ok, now is the good time to debug...

it works for me, at least.

now fun part.  playing with this one.  i'll report later on.