On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:20:40 +0100
Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> El Martes, 28 de Octubre de 2003 17:30, Ryan Pavlik escribió:
> > Clemens Ladisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > The event timestamps are set yo the current time of the queue. Your
> > > queue isn't running, so its current time is zero.
> > >
> > > Call snd_seq_start_queue(seq, queue, NULL) (and snd_seq_drain_output).
> >
> > Hmm, nope... I've tried this in various combinations along with
> > tempo-setting and position-setting events sent to the queue, with no
> > avail.  I'm still getting 0 0.
>
> Try:
>       snd_seq_open(&seq, "default", SND_SEQ_OPEN_DUPLEX, 0);
>
> Opening with SND_SEQ_OPEN_INPUT, any call to snd_seq_start_queue will return a
> -22 error code.

YES!  Thank you! :-)  Now, why didn't I try that.  Both of these
combined did the trick.

Anyhow, thanks a ton, solved a very nagging problem.  My ruby-alsa
module should soon have a useful sequencer. ;-)

ttyl,

--
Ryan Pavlik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Maybe it's the unfocused, blind, murderous rage." - 8BT