Just a note to those who try to get the ICH3 sound on their Thinkpad T23s working
via the snd-card-intel8x0 driver: for some reason, it won't recognize the card
unless you compile alsa with isapnp disabled. I hope this saves somebody the
headache/frustration that I underwent:P

On another note, the sound on this card/driver is *badly* distorted at points,
unless you keep the pcm volume down at 65 or so... What causes this? I have
noticed the same problem on my Hercules Game Theatre XP, except I don't think I can
turn the volume down low enough to prevent distortion from happening. Also, is
there anything I can do to get the digital outs on the GTXP to work?

        -Allan