Allan Klinbail wrote:
> Earlier in the year I posted notices about the mtpav driver. Specifically 2
> problems ...a). no input being recognised..... b) output only works when one
> input port is selected.
>
> I finally got the cvs version of alsa working today and found ...
>
> The timing looks like it may be tighter but the above problems are still
> there.

I use a Motu Midi Express XT with mtpav. Input works fine, output timing is
great if
you use the rtctimer with rtctimer_freq=128 instead of the system timer. There
is
still one problem remaining: the hw port switching doesn't work, sometimes
midi out
events go to the wrong port. So you only can use one output port at a time.

Which midi interface hardware do you use?

> Is anyone working on this??

I hope i'll find some time to hook up our logic analyzer to the parallel port
reverse engineer the protocol, so i can patch the mtpav for proper port
switching.
But for this i need a Microsoft Windows Computer, which i don't have.
It's much easier to develop and build a new midi interface hardware.

Stef(an.