On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>I think you will find that X likes to play the odd wave file as you click on
>the wrong thing etc.
>It could be X which is using the audio device.

Well, X does not use the audio device. The Dreaded Desktop Environment
(KDE or GNOME or whatever) might very well start something that eats the
audio device, though. A little "killall kaudioserver artsd esd" should
take care of that, if you want to free it.

--
Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to