I previously reported that i was experiencing noise on the
adat channels (on a digi96) of devices defined as such:
(This was with alsa-lib 0.9 beta8a)

pcm.adat {
         type "hw"
         card "digi96"
         device 1
}

pcm.adat12 {
        type plug
        slave.pcm adat
        ttable.0.0 1
        ttable.1.1 1
}

pcm.adat34 {
        type plug
        slave.pcm adat
        ttable.0.2 1
        ttable.1.3 1
}

Yesterday was committed alsa-lib/tests/pcm.c, which i modified to
open 8 channels instead of one..

when ran on pcm.adat, the sound is a pure sine, while running with
the adat12, adat34, adat56 devices is consistently presenting the
mentionned clicks.

As another test i ran that test program against:

pcm.adat_plug {
        type plug
        slave.pcm adat
}

This one worked flawlessly, as the pcm.adat (hw) device.

So It seems something in the use of ttables introduces those
clicks.

Another bug i (painfully) noticed:
  If I run a program like xmms on the digi96, through the
  oss emulation, starting the test program against the adat
  device makes the machine lock hard.

-Nicolas Leveille