On Sun, 2001-12-23 at 09:00, Fabrice Bellet wrote:
> For some strange reason, the '-b' flag provides the opposite behaviour
> than expected.

It is unfortunate that you had to find this out the hard
way.  This is a known bug (see the "PnP BIOS" section of
   http://tpctl.sourceforge.net
the tpctl homepage) in the PnP BIOS driver.  The bug has
been fixed in my version of the driver (available as a patch
   http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/pnpbios.html
to kernels 2.4.16 through 2.4.17 at my website).  I recommend
that you use my driver.  Note that Marcelo has agreed in
principle to include the latter in an upcoming 2.4.x kernel.

The reason the bug is biting you is that you have
"Quick Boot" enabled.  When Quick Boot is enabled the
PnP BIOS refrains from configuring PnP devices.  Thus
"lspnp -bv xx" reports the appropriate configuration but
"lspnp -v xx" reports "disabled".  EXCEPT that with your
buggy PnP BIOS driver these cases appear to be reversed.
Very confusing!  The rest of your problems are traceable
to these facts.

There was also a bug in the setpnp program which was fixed
in the latest release of pcmcia-cs, so make sure you get
that (3.1.30).

--
Thomas