Hi.
I'm temporarily not on any alsa* mailinglist so please cc to me.

Turning on 'IEC958 DAC To Out' does _not_ route all analog signals to SPDIF
as preclaimed in the docs. Especially analog input from line-in does not
appear on the SPDIF output. I verified this by playing some music through
standard PCM device and feeding the line-in from my TV receiver card. I
do hear a mix of both at the analog front output but do only hear the PCM
sound on the digital out. Capturing from line-in works fine nevertheless.

Is this a driver problem or hardware incapability? I'd really like to hear
TV sound through the SPDIF out so I'd just need one single wire to my amplifier
and not an extra stereo connection.

AudioExcell MD-MATE
cu Marcus