On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Matt G. wrote:

> I'm using a new M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card, and the following ALSA

> My question is regarding the 'amixer' utility that was included with
> alsa-utils-0.9.0beta9.

i have this card, and amixer doesn't work on it.  you can use alsamixer to
adjust some parameters to get sound out, but you must use envy24control in
xwindows to adjust everything.  i'm working on a command-line version of
envy24control in may spare time, and with this i will be able to load and
save default and other settings.  of course, i rarely reboot my computer
and rarely change my prefered settings, so i'm not in too big a hurry to
get the command-line version done.

-dave

--
perl -e'@email=split(//,".tenmhd\@nosbud");foreach$letter(@email){$
email=$letter.$email;}$email=~s/(m|net\.)/a\1\1/g;print"$email\n";'