Hi!

I've implemented multi PCM channel support for cs46xx based soundcards,
the PCM multichannel  should work on any soundcard
with a cs4630 DSP. It should be possible to play 31 simultaneous PCM
playbacks at 6 diferents sample rates. 1 slot is always  reserved for
capture, therefor 31. Each time the DSP needs to instanciate a SRC
(Sample Rate Converter) task it costs memory and MIPS in the DSP
therefor there only reserved place for 6 simultaneous SRC. PCM channels
with the same sample rate shared the same SRC.
The part of the driver that resource handles the PCM channel and SRC
instances on DSP is complex, so there many drastic changes in
cs46xx_lib.c, hopefully nothing that worked before is broken.
NOTE: i've not tested 31 simultaneous playback yet, only 6 for the
moment (in theory all 31 should work)

That's it, ending up here, the aditional feutures should be:
- PCM multichannel.
- Secondary CODEC, ALSA mixer, front && rear output (same output from
rear && front).
- SPDIF output. (i believe that i need some more help from Cirrus and
maybe Hercules and other card manufacturers to get  SPDIF input working)

And this is like my "pre-proposal" to a patch for the ALSA project. For
the moment i'm not planning to try implement any
other feutures before getting this parts "stable enough", but we will
see, things change quickly -:)

Downloads:
http://www.cucumelo.org/~gorm/alsa-driver-0.9.0rc2-bs20020731.diff.gz
http://www.cucumelo.org/~gorm/alsa-driver-0.9.0rc2-bs20020731.tar.gz