On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > could you try to remove the assert() at alsa-lib/src/mixer/simple.c
> > > line 869?  this looks like a wrong conditional...
> >
> > It's ok. Could you send us output from alsactl utility? We have probably
> > two controls with same name.
>
> Sure, it is included at the end of the email. I found the
> same problem yesterday in an ens1371 based soundcard.

I've fixed the problem in CVS for intel8x0, but ens1371 hasn't two codecs.
Could you try the latest CVS and 'amixer scontrols'? The error (which
control is twice) should be printed at start to stderr.

Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project  http://www.alsa-project.org
SuSE Linux    http://www.suse.com