On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 09:10:33AM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> I don't think the bug is in the snd-usb-audio driver because OSS input
> seems to be working.
>
> Please try the following with the rawmidi program in alsa-lib/test:
> OSS:         rawmidi -v -I /dev/midix
> ALSA direct: rawmidi -v -I /dev/snd/midiCxD0
> ALSA Lib:    rawmidi -v -i hw:x,0
> ALSA Lib:    rawmidi -v -i hw:x,0,0

it starts correctly and hangs finally after the Output line:

tuba:/usr/local/src/alsa-cvs/alsa-lib/test# ./rawmidi -v -i hw:2,0
Using:
Input: device hw:2,0
Output: NONE

> Did you update alsa-lib together with alsa-kernel? Are you sure you have
> the correct version of libasound installed, and your programs are using
> it?

yes, I'm always doing a "make build" which is diving in each directory and
executing ./cvscompile. So I think everything is freshly build on my machine.
If not correct me please.

tuba:/usr/local/src/alsa-cvs/alsa-lib/test# ldconfig -v|grep libasound
        libasound.so.2 -> libasound.so.2.0.0
        libasound.so.1 -> libasound.so.1.0.1

The program I was using is aconnect doing a simple connection between OPL3
and my keyboard. Aconnect was even freshly build and the opl3 works fine
playing midi files with pmidi.

Sorry, but I can't find another interesting information. The interfaces are
there. The only thing I miss is some data from midi input, but the hanging
rawmidi process is a good starting point.

martin

--
"2b|!2b"