The Hoontech Media 7.1 card has a consumer/professional option at least under windows.
I would assume that with the correct information from hoontech one could program this
under alsa. Of course I don't have a clue, I'm just guessing here.

Thanks for the information.

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net