On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:52:29PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Anders Torger wrote:

> > > No, an error return code is sufficient. Users know that the card is
> > > in slave mode.
> >
> > In the case of the RME96 driver, this is no error, the card works with
> > slave mode active and no input signal. As stated in a previous mail,
> > I'm quite sure that it runs in master mode until the cards get a signal
> > to synch with. This is how RME9652 works (hardware and driver), and I
> > like that behaviour, so I have that in the RME96 driver as well.
>
> If hardware supports this behaviour, then it's also ok for me.

Let's suppose this playing is going on and a new fresh input arrives on my
input channel. So I would think the hardware will run in master mode and the
software will say: slave mode. I'm really not happy about this solution. I
would prefer a solution with precise modes or error messages if necassary.

I should repair my power supply for trying out...

martin

--
"2b|!2b"