On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 08:30:24AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >the driver/interface works. The guy in Rotterdam tried the line
> >outputs on the front (I realized that this might have been the reason
> >5 minutes after I posted my previous mail).
>
> can you clarify what you mean by this?
>
> >Since the hdsp code reports firmware load failure there still might be
> >something wrong, but the Multiface plays sound as it should :-).
>
> so it looks like it may just a need for a more lenient timeout check
> on the FIFO?

There is also a bugreport on sourceforge about latest hdsp firmware problems:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=685001&group_id=27464&atid=390601

Date: 2003-02-11 15:59

In order to make alsa-hdsp recognize the hdsp I had to
downgrade the firmware of the card(bus) to revision 10.
There is an utility available to downgrade the firmware
here:
http://www.rme-audio.de/english/download/drivers_archive.htm
-- johannes.taelman(a)rug.ac.be