On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:56:55PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> >Is this is a design flaw? How to tell the input frequency? Need some
> >additionnal hardware?
>
> the ALSA h/w parameters are things set by an application (and
> perhaps later read by the same or a different application).
>
> what ALSA supports (and the hdsp driver in particular; the digi9652 is
> not so good here) is the notion of defining the clock source. if the
> clock source is internal, then some h/w (i think this applies to the
> digi9652) can't tell you the external rate for the ADAT signal. if the
> clock source is external, then you can't set the rate from an
> application. of course, you might want to know what it is. in which
> case, you have to read the relevant control, which is called "External
> Rate" on the hdsp series. unfortunately, an equivalent control does
> not exist for the digi9652 series, though it would be easy to write (i
> would do it if i wasn't so busy with other projects right now).
>
> i think it would have been good for ALSA to have considered this more
> early on; as it is, only a few cards support external clocking, and
> the drivers for those cards have had to make it up as they were written.

Maybe we can add some rme9652 switches to rmedigicontrol!?
But I need at first the output of "amixer contents".
.. and what is "cat /proc/asound/card0/id"? Is it "Digi9652"?

BTW: ... I'm still searching for rme96 users who can check rmedigicontrol
version 0.3.5a together with a patched rme96 driver.
Hey rme96 crowd! Does it work?

See http://www.langerland.de/rme32/control.html

martin