On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 12:44:52PM -0600, ljp wrote:

> > - The US-122 was developed by Frontier Design, not Tascam. But for releasing
> > their information they need an ok from Tascam. Don't know what will happen
> > in this point. In the meantime I've taken an USB sniffer and check my postbox
> > from time to time :-
>
> it wont ever happen. people have asked several times on the 428, and we
> didnt even get a reply.

I remember only the "asking Tascam trials" of them, but not a small Frontier
question. What Tascam says about US-122: They said to me that they don't have
helping information. (If you don't have, you can't give it away.) Yes, I got
a reply from Tascam!

But there is an additional Frontier symbol on the box. So I've asked
Frontier and they told me "We would love to have the Linux support,
but the terms of our agreement with Tascam are such that we would need the OK
from them to release any code, data, etc." Yes, I even got a reply from
Frontier. And they are the interesting guys, because they have build the
firmware/software for Tascam!

> still. this is good. theres a 428 driver somewhere....

http://hal9000.drehmoment.org/tascam

martin