>   I'd be happy to test it, but the language above is a bit scary. If
>the firmware upgrade program messes up my card, are we guaranteed that
>the Windows version will fix it, or the onboard secondary firmware will
>take over?

i think its more like a jumper setting or something like that. i never
checked in with matthias because i never got close to writing the
utility. but i do know that on the hdsp952, there are no problems if
its goes wrong (they had to write it for windows too, remember? :))

>   If Matthias is confident that we will not destroy the card I'm happy
>to help, although I must say I'm not sure this is the most important
>issue right now, is it? Why do I need the firmware upgrader if the
>driver for the HDSP 9652 card doesn't work? Or is this just so other
>users with a DigiFace or a MultiFace can change their firmware? ;-)

its mostly for them. the hdsp9652 doesn't really need f/w upgrades to
remain in sync with i/o configuration files, since there aren't any of
the latter.