The emu10k1 (and emu10k2) are quite interesting chip : they have many
independant inputs and outputs. Under Windows, there is the KX driver which
can use this via ASIO : 16 input channels. all FX input, physical input(I2S,
SPDIF), fx output and physical output(I2S SPDIF) can be routed to each other,
and so in a recording software we can have the 14 physical input which the
emu10k1 offer (2 SPDIF, 5 I2S).
On a basic SBlive, there's 4 I2S which are not used. I am designing, with
other people a ADC board (with PCM1804 ADC, which can work up to
24bit/192khz). The first test board works, under windows I have one more
stereo input, which can be recorded indenpendantly. The goal is to add a ADAT
input (and maybe output) to the SBlive... which I think will be very easy, as
Alesis sells ADAT chip for about $5... So yes, a ADAT daughter board for the
SBlive can be VERY cheap.
I know I can used this under windows, with very good latency... but we want it
to work under linux! We so need a new driver... like the KX driver under
windows...
Can somebody help us on that? I think people from KX driver can help us, as
their driver is free. (http://www.kxproject.com).

 Thanks you for reading ;)
 Pilo