On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 13:04, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> It _is_ strange that the alsa usb modules are also loaded...

It seems to be used when I make MIDI connections with aconnect to make
MIDI connections. The usage count jumps up.

I looked at your alsasound script (from /etc/init.d) and the Gentoo one.
They are *very* different. I think for the short term I'll just stop and
start alsa by hand, maybe in a sudo script or something, until I get
some time to really think about this stuff.

Or possibly you're comments will start a discussion that leads to a
better script. Why wouldn't this be better for Alsa to be in CVS?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Mark