I have 3 capture and 3 playback devices (all sample-synced via wordclock) which I want to sync via snd_pcm_link(). So I do the following calls:

snd_pcm_link(playback1,playback2);
snd_pcm_link(playback2,playback3);
snd_pcm_link(capture1,capture2);
snd_pcm_link(capture2,capture3);
snd_pcm_link(playback1,capture1);

This worked in an older version of ALSA without problems (I used 0.9.0beta12), but since I upgraded to 0.9.7a, I can't link, the last link operation gives an error:

ALSA lib pcm.c:1148:(snd_pcm_link) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_LINK failed: Operation already in progress

How can I do the linking in current Alsa versions?

Thanks,
Robert