At Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:19:42 +1100 (EST),
tom burkart wrote:

> The problem I reported several times is still present.
>
> Problem:
>
> Toshiba Tecra Notebook (Yamaha YMF-744B) still has scratchy,
> unintelligible sound output.
> kernel 2.4.22, alsa-driver 1.0.0pre2
>
> Yet, the ymfpci kernel module (OSS) works fine.
>
> Please advise on how I can help to debug this.

hmm, that one is a long standing bug.
i thought you got the silent output, but now you get a scraching
output?
anyway, please show again the register dump via proc file, and
hw_params in /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0.  both files should be
checked during playback.