Hi, I'm having some problems getting the alsa input into Jack working
correctly.

The soundcard is an RME96/8 PAD, Alsa from Kernel 2.6 pre9, and Jack version
0.91.1 - I'm firing up Jackd with:

jackd -R -t 2000 -d alsa -d rme96 -r 44100 -p 1024 -n 8 -m -zs -H -M &

...and I have an asound config (below) which lets me play sounds correctly
with something like: aplay -D jackplug blah.wav

However, trying to use either xmms, mplayer or mythtv with the same alsa
device just seems to leave the app "hanging" and not doing anything, and
attempts to fastforward in mplayer and mythtv (which presumably causes the
alsa layer in each app to try and pause then reopen the sound layer) causes
the error:

"You cannot set callbacks on an active client
cannot connect alsaP:out_000
 to alsa_pcm:playback_1"

No sound comes out...

Is this an alsa issue, sound card driver problem or something else?  Apart
from aplay (which does work) are there any other things I should try to test
the alsa-jack plugin?  Just for reference at least some native jack apps
seem to be working fine, although I haven't tried the xmms-jack plugin yet.

Can anyone please help with some debugging ideas here.  I'm really keen to
get Jack working as it seems to be the best way to integrate Brutefir in
order to do some fancy room correction effects (note: Brutefir is not active
in the failed tests above, just to remove some variables...)

Thanks all

/etc/asoundrc.conf

        pcm.rme96 {
                type hw