I'm having trouble doing snd_pcm_hw_params_can_pause() on a certain pcm,
even though it has already (hopefully?) been fixed to one config by
snd_pcm_hw_params()... snd_pcm_hw_params has been called, at least. How
can I check?

fileja {
        type file
        file /tmp/alsa
        slave.pcm null
}

Program: latest xine

Error message:

xine: pcm.c:2604: snd_pcm_hw_params_can_pause: Assertion `params && params->info !=
~0U' failed.

... commenting out the offending call and hardcoding success Seems To Work
(TM) but is of course a hack at best.

(BTW. Using this pcm definition, named pipe /tmp/alsa and ecasound reading
from the named pipe, I now have multichannel ladspa plugins working on the
sound stream from xine. Not-at-all in sync with video, but better than
nothing :)

--
Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to