At Sat, 01 May 2004 20:55:11 -0400,
Francisco Moraes wrote:

> Is there a way for find whether DMA is actually working? I think I am in
> the right track, but I'd like to know if there is a way to debug or find
> whether it is doing the expected and tranferring data to the sound card.

well, the practical way is to check the registers in runtime.
you can build a proc file for register dump, so that you can see it
during the operation.  (it's better than printk's from the operational
perspective :)

> Also, is the documentation on the new dma methods available somewhere?

there is no big change regarding the DMA methods.
the DMA buffer allocation was changed, but it's unlikely related with
the emu10k1x chip support...