holborn wrote:

>>Hi,
>>
>>Can someone please explain to me the relationship between midi
>>bank_msb/bank_lsb_prognum, and soundfontnum/bank_lsb/prognum on
>>fluidsynth?

> Read this:
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2003-07/msg00029.html
>
> maybe can help you.

Thanks, but that didn't get me any further - I can already select banks on fluidsynth and emu10k1

What I'm asking is - how do I assign a midi channel to a particular voice on a particular bank *within a particular soundfont* ?

So if fluidsynth, or my emu10k1 card, has two or more sound fonts loaded, I want to be able to access banks/voices on different soundfonts at the same time.

For instance:
 - channel 1 -> font fluid-gm.sf2, bank 000, prog 001
 - channel 2 -> font 2rock9.sf2, bank 008, prog 011
 - ...

I've tried to do this via bank msb, bank lsb and prog change messages from my midi keyboard, as well as sending bank msb/lsb controller (and prog change) events via the alsa-seq api, but (with fluidsynth at least), things are totally not working as one would expect.

Any more suggestions?

Cheers