On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 10:39:38AM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Thu, 27 May 2004 21:26:22 +0200,
> Martin Langer wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > if someone is interested in a free (I mean GPL) firmware for the Tascam
> > US-X2Y devices I can offer an open source replacement for the second stage
> > loader alsa-firmware/usx2yloader/tascam_loader.ihx. All three US-X2Y devices
> > need this file. But I have only tried it out with an US-122 where it works.
> >
> > Be careful. This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY!
> >
> > http://www.langerland.de/us122/usx2y-fw-0.1.tar.bz2
>
> shall i include this into alsa-firmware?

In which way should it be included?
- replacing the vendor fw file
- as alternate fw, maybe with a configure option like 'prefer-free-fw' or so

Another point is that MidiSportLoader.ihx is 100% identical with
tascam_loader.ihx. Maybe midisport devices work with this loader too. But I
have no possibility to test it. Then it would be better to remove the ezusb
stuff from usx2yloader and create a new chip specific tree for all ez-usb
devices. Or not?

> or should wait for a while until more debugging?

I guess some us224/midisport test would be nice. But on the other hand the
loader core is built into the chip and my code is not much more than a few
init lines.

martin

--
                                     Living on earth may be expensive,
                   but it includes an annual free trip around the sun.