I'm experiencing problems with plug:jack. Playing a 96k file through
the device with aplay works nice, but when playing a file with
different sampling rate than the device is set to, it just stutters a
little and then exits.

My understanding is that it's supposed to resample the file with
ALSAs' own resample code.

I got a HDSP Multiface II, linux-2.6.16, alsa-lib-1.0.11rc5 and
alsa-plugins-1.0.11rc5.

The commands I've been using are:

aplay -Djackplug plistre-48k.wav
aplay -Djackplug plistre-96k.wav

Any pointers as to what may be wrong before I put this in the
bugtracker?.

Playing these files with software that does the resampling internally
works fine, of course and sndfile-info reports:

Version : libsndfile-1.0.14

File : plistre-48k.wav
Length : 2440924
RIFF : 2440916
WAVE
fmt  : 16
  Format        : 0x1 => WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
  Channels      : 1
  Sample Rate   : 48000
  Block Align   : 2
  Bit Width     : 16
  Bytes/sec     : 96000
data : 2440880
End

Sample Rate : 48000
Frames      : 1220440
Channels    : 1
Format      : 0x00010002
Sections    : 1
Seekable    : TRUE
Duration    : 00:00:25.425
Signal Max  : 13087 (-7.97 dB)

File : plistre-96k.wav
Length : 4881806
RIFF : 4881798
WAVE
fmt  : 16
  Format        : 0x1 => WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
  Channels      : 1
  Sample Rate   : 96000
  Block Align   : 2
  Bit Width     : 16
  Bytes/sec     : 192000
data : 4881762
End

Sample Rate : 96000
Frames      : 2440881
Channels    : 1
Format      : 0x00010002
Sections    : 1
Seekable    : TRUE
Duration    : 00:00:25.425
Signal Max  : 13140 (-7.94 dB)

--
Esben Stien is [EMAIL PROTECTED]     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m