On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 14:18 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Lee Revell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >> (of course without taking into account the sata pb that's plaguing me
> >> ;-) )
> >
> > I'm afraid that is a hardware problem and there's no software solution.
>
> :-(
>
> The only way to be sure is to check how this stuff works with
> Windoze. This is going to take a while as I'm quite windows challenged
> ;-)

It could work on Windows and still be a hardware problem, just because
Linux might drive the hardware in a different (but correct) way.  For
example some people have "singing capacitors" under Linux but not
Windows because of the higher timer IRQ frequency of Linux combined with
poorly shielded motherboard components.

Lee