On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Bart de Boer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<SNIP>
>  ====================
>  Complete output of /proc/asound/card0/codec97#0/ac97#0-0:
>
>  0-0/0: Realtek ALC650F
>
>  PCI Subsys Vendor: 0x1509
>  PCI Subsys Device: 0x9202
>
>  Capabilities     :
>  DAC resolution   : 20-bit
>  ADC resolution   : 18-bit
>  3D enhancement   : Realtek 3D Stereo Enhancement
>
>  Current setup
>  Mic gain         : +0dB [+0dB]
>  POP path         : pre 3D
>  Sim. stereo      : off
>  3D enhancement   : off
>  Loudness         : off
>  Mono output      : MIX
>  Mic select       : Mic1
>  ADC/DAC loopback : off
>  Double rate slots: 10/11
>  Extended ID      : codec=0 rev=1 LDAC SDAC CDAC DSA=0 SPDIF DRA VRA
>  Extended status  : LDAC SDAC CDAC SPDIF=10/11 SPDIF VRA
>  PCM front DAC    : 44100Hz
>  PCM Surr DAC     : 44100Hz
>  PCM LFE DAC      : 44100Hz
>  PCM ADC          : 44100Hz
>  SPDIF Control    : Consumer PCM Copyright Category=0x2 Generation=1
>  Rate=44.1kHz
>  SPDIF In Status  : Not Locked

What is on the other end of the spdif output cable?

I'm struck that the SPDIF In Status is 'Not locked' implying that the
onboard chip and outboard hardware are not in agreement on the exact
frequency. If you are driving a home theater receiver this could be
normal. If you are driving pro equipment then connect a spdif cable
back from the outboard equipment to your machine, assuming you have
access to the spdif in on this machine.

There is the possibility that Alsa is reporting the wrong speed here...

- Mark