I'm using a computer with a ASUS P5LD2-X motherboard. The audio
controller, is a Realtek ALC662, as reported by "amixer info":

Card default 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0xdddf8000 irq 20'

  Mixer name    : 'Realtek ALC662 rev1'

  Components    : 'HDA:10ec0662'

  Controls      : 18

  Simple ctrls  : 10

I'm using Debian Lenny. Gnome-mixer gives me three choices for "input
source": "mic", "front mic" and "line". However, no matter what I
choose, it seems to always record from "mic" (the back microphone
jack). I can hear the front mic signal on the speakers, the problem is
using that signal as the recording source. I'm testing recording with
audacity.

I've found similiar issues such as [1] but nothing really helpfull.
Please advise.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg18584.html

--
Bruno Schneider