Landis McGauhey <b3zdomny <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Windows Device Manager calls it Creative SB audioPCI.
>
> cat /proc/asound/cards calls it ENS1371 - Ensoniq AudioPCI Ensoniq AudioPCI
ENS1371.

> ALSACONF calls it ens1371 Creative Labs Ectiva EV1938.
>
> I'm confused!  Can anyone tell me if this card is suppported by ALSA?  I
bought it as Creative SB audioPCI
> specifically because it received 100% favorable reviews at the LinuxQuestions
HCL, yet I get no sound
> (though there is an audible "click" in the headphones when ALSACONF loads the
driver).

> Thanks and best regards.

PS to Rene & Sergei-- your comments about amplified speaker set are well-taken,
so I set up my kids amplified speaker set during this latest round of testing--
no sound except for the occasional loud squeal at shutdown mentioned already in
my reply to Sergei.  Thanks again and best regards,

Landis