> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:53:02 +0200
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> CC: alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?

> Well, sure, but note that if you're not aware that you compiled a kernel
> you (well, probably...) didn't which would mean you don't have the
> correct kernel source tree around anyway. And if you _were_ aware that
> you did you'd have been probably aware of the directory from which you
> ran "make" while doing so, so...
>
> If you upgraded to 2.6.25.9 through your distribution or something, I'll
> need to talk you through compiling and installing a kernel from scratch.
> If that's necessary, which distribution do you use?
>
> Rene.

Success!
# cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.25.9
bezdomny:/usr/src/linux-2.6.25.9# patch -p1 --dry-run <
/home/bezdomny/0001-OSS-resurrect-ES1371-driver.patch
patching file sound/oss/Kconfig
patching file sound/oss/Makefile
patching file sound/oss/es1371.c
bezdomny:/usr/src/linux-2.6.25.9# patch -p1 <
/home/bezdomny/0001-OSS-resurrect-ES1371-driver.patch
patching file sound/oss/Kconfig
patching file sound/oss/Makefile
patching file sound/oss/es1371.c

I'm now proceeding with make menuconfig and I'll  let you know how it goes.

Thanks and best regards,

Landis