> I started to experimenting with Software Defined Radio so I need some higher
> quality sound card. I could buy Creative SB Audigy SE which has 24bit stereo
> sampling @96kHz but it is not yet supported.
>
> Can somebody here recommend me some other 24b/96kHz card which is supported
> by ALSA and has at least good SNR ?

My M-Audio Delta 44 is supported(ice1712) and fairly nice.  4 ins and 4 outs.
Unfortunately all TRS connections.  I've spent as much on cables, adapters,
microphone/headphone preamps, and other things, as I did for the card.
Certainly higher end than most of your typical SB cards.  But relative to more
studio grade cards, a little lacking.  The sound to noise ratio is good.  My
laptop hooked up to my stereo system has noticeable static, very noticeable.
The Delta to the stereo only has a little noise, if you crank it and put your
ear in contact with the speaker grill.

I'm drooling a little over an Echo Layla 3G, but I have no idea of it's
alsa/linux support level.  In the meantime my mobility and battery life needs
has me using a Korg MR-1000.  A stand alone stereo recorder that doubles as a
usb-storage device.  Super Duper nice, and the converters on it(DSD), shows
that the Delta isn't top of the line, but still very good.  Unfortunately
there's no known way to deal with DSD files in Linux.  At least not known to
me.  Not that I've tried running audiogate in wine yet.

HTH
- James