On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:54 AM, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jack can only use a single device (hw:1,0).  it cannot use 2 separate
>> stereo
>>  devices as one 4 channel device.
>>
>> However...see here for one possible answer (using alsa multi plugin)
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm_plugins.html
>> Look for section "Plugin: Multiple streams to One"
>>
>> also this
>>
>> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/.asoundrc#Joining_devices_to_make_multichannel
>>

> I modified this .asoundrc to join 2 devices instead of 2 subdevices. Seems
> to work (couldn't test properly yet). Thanks a lot for the hint. I'll post
> more info tomorrow (almost 4am here, gotta get some sleep).

This attached file is my .asoundrc, as I promised. I could put two stereo
channels to work in a single virtual device in alsa, but performance is
still a problem (I think this is a JACK matter though). I point to the
device as ftpro:1,0

Thanks for your help.

Rodrigo