2010/3/3 Jaroslav Kysela <pe...@perex.cz>

> Have you tried to set variable defaults.pcm.dmix.rate to 16000 (or to
> frequency which RAT uses)? Just add this line to your ~/.asoundrc:
>
> defaults.pcm.dmix.!rate 16000
>
>                                        Jaroslav
>
> -----
> Jaroslav Kysela <pe...@perex.cz>
> Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
> ALSA Project, Red Hat, Inc.

It helps! I put "defaults.pcm.dmix.!rate 16000" in ~/.asoundrc and in RAT i
set rate to 16000 too. Sound become fine. Now I see problem is incorrect
settings. I believe.

BTW this trick is not work for rate 48000 . When I set "defaults.pcm.dmix.!rate
48000" in ~/.asoundrc and in RAT 48000 I still have interference what sounds
like random bleeps when I listen what I talk to microphone.

2010/3/3 Paul Menzel <paulepan...@users.sourceforge.net>

> also if you are just running one RAT instance?

Yes with one instance of RAT problem still have.

> Did you try `arecord` with the dsnoop device?

Actually I test recording with Audacity. When microphone sound via RAT have
interference I record my voice in Audacity and sound in recorded track was
fine.

> Did you try to use a sound server like PulseAudio?

Yes! It great server. But RAT have a ugly memory leak and 100% usage CPU
when use PulseAudio device. I cannot find how to fix it So I just turn off
PulseAudio.

> Could you please rephrase this sentence. I did not get its meaning? What
> did you change and what were the differences.

I was try to edit default settings for dsnoop in
/usr/share/alsa/pcm/dsnoop.conf I add "channels 2" and "bindings.0 0" to
make a mono and also I change "format $FORMAT" to "format S16_LE". Then I
start RAT and sound from microphone was fine few seconds but later
interference occurs again. After this I was try to set various rate's,
enlarge and decease period_size and periods but with no luck.

Thanks a lot! Looks like my problem almost solved. I continue to learn
settings and try to create right configuration.

Any way we will keep talking about ) I use mailing lists first time.