Hi,

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 02:52:47PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 16 May 2015 13:25:24 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> >Alsamixer says about the DDJ-WeGo2 "Chip: USB Mixer, This sound device
> >does not have any controls".
>
> does it have got any mixer controls?

I don't know. I just have never seen any sound card without a mixer of
any kind.

> >Why does ALSA onle see a single audio device? I think it should see
> >two or even three.
>
> Are you confusing the devices with the ports available by the devices?

Maybe, I don't have too much clue about ALSA.

> /proc/asound/card...

[3/500]mh@fan:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                      HDA ATI SB at 0xfe8f4000 irq 16
 1 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
                      HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfe9bc000 irq 37
 2 [CMI8738        ]: CMI8738-MC6 - C-Media CMI8738
                      C-Media CMI8738 (model 55) at 0xd800, irq 22
 3 [DDJWeGO2       ]: USB-Audio - PIONEER DDJ-WeGO2
                      Pioneer PIONEER DDJ-WeGO2 at usb-0000:00:13.2-1.1, full
speed
[4/501]mh@fan:~$ find /proc/asound/card3/
/proc/asound/card3/
/proc/asound/card3/id
/proc/asound/card3/midi0
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p/oss
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p/info
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p/sub0
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p/sub0/info
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p/sub0/status
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
/proc/asound/card3/pcm0p/sub0/sw_params
/proc/asound/card3/usbid
/proc/asound/card3/usbbus
/proc/asound/card3/stream0
/proc/asound/card3/usbmixer
/proc/asound/card3/oss_mixer
[5/502]mh@fan:~$

While I have solved the issue by noticing that the only device
exported by the WeGo has _four_ output channels, and finding out that
channels 1-2 are the RCA output and channels 3-4 are the headphone and
ignoring the microphone input, I would like to learn more about how I
can find out device properties with ALSA. How do I do that?

> >The system I am trying this on has pulseaudio installed, and I'd like
> >to keep it for the other audio devices. Is there a chance that pulse
> >is interfering here? Is there a way to tell pulse to keep its fingers
> >off hw3?
>
> You should use the jackd sound server to make your live easier.

Probably, but there is no time to get accustomed with an entirely new
sound server, having been through OSS, aRts, plain ALSA and pulseaudio
in little more than ten years.

> Are you aware that if you want to use different sound devices parallel
> for production, that you need to sync them?

The results of the WeGo with Mixxx is reasonably well, I don't beatmix
well enough anyway ;-)

Greetings
Marc