On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 00:55:31 -0300, Ílson Bolzan wrote:
>I found that the problem is because is expected that
>
>patch --version | head -1 | cut -d ' ' -f 1
>
>would return 'patch'

Indeed, it would fail on Arch Linux too [1]. Since it's from
http://www.alsa-project.org/ and because there's no bugtracker, you need
to report it to the alsa devel mailing list
http://www.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel . LAU is
definitively the wrong place, but wait a while, perhaps an alsa
maintainer will notice it on this list, alsa user mailing list isn't
completely wrong.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
                local a=$(patch --version | head -1 | cut -d ' ' -f 1)
                if test "$a" != "patch" ; then
                        install_package patch
                else

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ patch --version | head -1 | cut -d ' ' -f 1-2 | grep
patch -o
patch
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ patch --version | head -1 | cut -d ' ' -f 1
GNU
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ patch --version
GNU patch 2.7.5
Copyright (C) 2003, 2009-2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Copyright (C) 1988 Larry Wall

<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free
to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by law.

Written by Larry Wall and Paul Eggert