I still do not know what the difference between the UCA222 and UCA 202 is,
except the latter is silver and the former red (and the latter is slightly
more expensive.)
There is also a version of the 202 which has a RIAA preamp built in (UFO202?)
This is for transfering vinyl to digital.

This is just for others who may stumble across this thread since you are
already happy with yours.