Hello,
I'm in the process of purchasing an used Focusrite Saffire Pro 10, but,
since the vendor lives ~200km from me I'm not able to make tests before; so
I'm asking around before actually buying it.
After searching around a bit everything looked fine, until I stumbled upon
this bug from the ffado page: http://subversion.ffado.org/ticket/359
As far as I can understand, the new alsa/firewire stack has the support for
this series of interfaces (bebob) and this might mean that the problem
wouldn't affect the device, since freewheeling in alsa doesn't work as it
does with firewire drivers. I was told that the original author - Takashi -
is active here too.
Since I will be using both jack and freewheel mode (via Ardour), I wanted
to know if somebody here has ever tried this interface, has experience in
using with jack and freewheeling, and with what results.
I'd write on the alsa-devel ML too, but since that's developer dedicated,
I'd prefer not to bother them and ask here before. :)

Thank you in advance,
Maurizio