On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 11:12:32 -0700
chris hermansen <clherman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bob, what connects your computer to your TEAC?  A USB cable?

Yes, a USB cable. I also have a sound card, but want to use the TEAC
DAC.

> What music player do you use?

MPD

> What is the output of "aplay -L" in a terminal window?

bob@hexagon:~> aplay -L
null
default
    Default ALSA Output (currently PulseAudio Sound Server)
sysdefault:CARD=D1
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
    Front speakers
surround21:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
surround41:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
surround50:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
surround51:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
surround71:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
iec958:CARD=D1,DEV=0
    Xonar D1, Multichannel
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=DEVICE
    TEAC USB AUDIO DEVICE, USB Audio
front:CARD=DEVICE,DEV=0
    TEAC USB AUDIO DEVICE, USB Audio
    Front speakers
surround21:CARD=DEVICE,DEV=0
    TEAC USB AUDIO DEVICE, USB Audio
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=DEVICE,DEV=0
    TEAC USB AUDIO DEVICE, USB Audio
surround41:CARD=DEVICE,DEV=0
    TEAC USB AUDIO DEVICE, USB Audio