Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a fun project linking communication channels used
in TV/Broadcast over the internet back and fourth to different locations
with Behringer X32 audio mixers[1] in each location via trx[2]. The mixers
have a USB2 interface showing up as "X-USB"[3] 32 outputs and 32 inputs in
windows/osx and works fine there.

The thing is. I don't think it's supported in ALSA? But it shows up as alot
of weird things.

Read more about this in my alsa-info[4]

Is there any chance of making this work? IMHO it looks like it finds a ton
of outputs, It's just nothing in alsamixer other than "Internal Clock
Validity" on Playback, and "This sound device does not have any capture
controls" on Capture.

The optimal setup for me would be to have each channel as individual
virtual mono soundcards in alsa, x32_ch[1-16] so I could:

$ aplay -D x32_ch3 foo.wav

in order to play something out only in channel 3, and the same with capture.

Thoughts? Solutions? :) If anyone needs remote access to a computer with
this soundcard attached to solve the problem - no problem. Feel free to
contact me off list as well.

Cheers!

[1] http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/
Digital-Mixers/X32-RACK/p/P0AWN