Hi,

sorry for this newbie question but unfortunately I did not find clear
information what is necessary to get PA working with ALSA controls.

Currently I was able to load the ALSA sound card by calling
"pacmd load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:2,0"

Now I can see the sound card in pavucontrol, but changing sliders does not have
any effects on ALSA volume controls.
My sound card provides 6 PCM channels.
It has a "PCM Playback Volume" control providing 6 channels. I also tried
adding a "Master Playback Volume".

What is missing that pulseadio uses the card correctly? Is there any best
practices for an ALSA driver?

Currently my card just lists "hw:" and "plughw:" devices when calling "aplay
-L".
I tried another USB sound card which also announces devices
"surround51:CARD=SET,DEV=0" etc.

May this be the key. Thanks in advance for every hint.

Best regards
Peter