Thanks for the answers! I'm mostly trying to use the device to measure DAC
and amplifier performance and distortions, so it's not necessarily bad to
capture higher frequencies as well. I'll choose 24-bit / 192 kHz or 96 kHz
probably.

So the defaults work fine, if you say nothing is wrong with it I'll use
them.

The only thing which isn't clear for me are the --disable-* processing
options. Do I understand right that with the "hw:" device these are not
even possible? I mean hw: never allows any of those processing options in
the first place?

Zsolt