Hi,

I work at a community radio station, and I just put together a stream
server that runs Liquidsoap. The audio is brought into the server via USB
using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

I've had success getting everything set up, but our stream is a bit too
loud and has some minor distortion.

I've lowered the volume as much as possible on everything *before* the
stream server, and can't find a way to adjust the volume of the USB input
on alsamixer.

I simply get the message "This sound device does not have any controls."

The machine is running Ubuntu 20.04, and I have pulse audio disabled.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Terry

--

*Phone:* 608-638-9378 x3
*Email: *te...@wdrt.org