From:  "Vancouver Grey Sox Fastpitch Softball Club"
<vancouverchallenge(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  Wrap Up 2007 Vancouver Challenge
Vancouver, BC

The 6th Annual edition of the Vancouver Challenge Mens FP tournament

concluded this past Sunday afternoon, and was undoubtedly our
most
successful event to date. Over the course of 3 days the consistent
large
crowds of fastpitch enthusiasts were treated to some high quality
team and
individual performances. Mother nature also cooperated throughout
the
weekend with seasonable summer weather at South Memorial Park.

Congratulations to the So Cal Casa Trejo Bombers who won the
tournament, and
looked very strong heading into the International Softball Congress
World
Tournament in 2 weeks time. The final order of finish was as
follows:
Champions - So Cal Bombers, Runner Up - Broken Bow Gremlins,
3rd - Portland
Demarini, 4th - Vancouver Grey Sox, 5th - Richmond Stealers,
6th - Horse
Lake Thunder.

Individual Tournament Awards
Top Hitter - Derek Mayson, Vancouver Grey Sox
Top Pitcher - Lucas Mata, So Cal Bombers
MVP - Darren Box, So Cal Bombers

Tournament Highlights:

* A very committed and dedicated volunteer group who worked long
hours to
execute the event. To the many people who staffed the gate, concession

area, beverage gardens, groomed the fields etc. sold 50 /50 tickets
and did
everything possible to make the event happen we extend a special
thanks.
Also kudos to George Morneau (father of reigning American League
MLB MVP -
Justin Morneau - Minnesota Twins) who went out of his way to
assist the
event in any way possible including personally selling 50/50
tickets.

* Easily the largest crowds in recent history for Senior Mens
FP in the
Lower Mainland area, reminding us what makes being at the ball
park so
special on a nice summer's day.

* A strong field of teams, who for the most part were evenly
matched and
used the event as a final tune up prior to the ASA, ISC World
Tournament and
the Softball Canada Senior Mens FP Nationals.

* An excellent and cooperative crew of umpires whose commitment
to the sport
was so evident and very much appreciated.

* Good ball weather with summer conditions throughout.

* A very fitting and appropriate ceremony to recognize arguably
two of the
finest pitchers - Darren Zack & Mike Piechnik to ever participate
in the
sport of Mens FP.

* A talented crew of statiscians and scorekeepers who maintained
the game
records and shared them with the softball world in an expeditious
manner via
the tournament website and Al's Fastball List and Fastpitchwest.

* Significant and prominent media coverage leading up to the
event,
primarily by the 2 major print publications in the Vancouver
area.

* Sincere thanks to our partners South Hill Sports for co - operating
the
event. As well of course to our participating teams the So Cal
Bombers,
Broken Bow Gremlins, Portland Demarini, Horse Lake Thunder and
the Richmond
Stealers ... our appreciation for attending and we look forward
to doing it
all over again in 2008.

Any teams interested in joining us for the 7th Annual Edition
of the
Vancouver Challenge which will be held July 25 - 27, 2008 please
do not
hesitate to make contact with us.

Larry Kancs
President