From:  Patrick Healey <pat_healey21(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  PEI rally in sixth lead 11-9

PEI beats Sask. in slugfest

Summerside - The pitchers and catchers for Saskatchewan Jr. Diamondbacks
and P.E.I. Source for Sports Twins will not want to remember
their opening games at the 2007 Causeway Bay Junior Men's fast
pitch championship.The Saskatchewan Jr. Diamondbacks took advantage
of some wild pitching to erase a four run deficit and take a
5-4 lead over P.E.I. Source for Sports Twins after the first
inning.
The Diamondbacks gave up four runs to P.E.I. in the top half
thanks to some small ball hitting, but the Saskatoon-based club
rallied and scored five of their own.
Kyle Rivett hit a two run single to tie the game up in the bottom
of the first.
The rally sent Donnelly Archibald to the showers early after
just 2/3 innings giving up five unearned runs, two errors, three
wild pitches, two walks and three hits.
Jon Veinot is now in to pitch for the P.E.I. club.
Twins shortstop Ryan Gallant has the home fans in the game, as
he led off with a deep double to center then scored on a Donnelly
Archibald single to give P.E.I. Source for Sports Twins a 1-0
early on against the Saskatoon Jr. Diamondbacks.
Tyler Forbes then hit a bloop single that fell in and allowed
Jeremy McKinnon from second to score and make it 2-0.
Alex MacDonald then brought Forbes home to make it 3-0.
P.E.I. scored one more run, but then MacDonald over ran third
and was tagged out to end their first inning with a four run
lead.
The Diamondbacks have scored two runs on a passed ball and a
dropped third strike to make it 4-2.
Kyle Rivett has hit a two-run single to center to tie things
up 4-4.
Sask. now up 5-4.
Donnelly Archibald the pitcher for PEI has now been replaced
by Jon Veinott. Archibald allowed five unearned runs thanks to
three passed balls missed by catcher Devan Praught.
Colin Dillon has P.E.I. right back in it with a inside the park
home run after a passed ball had scored Alex MacDonald.
Colin Dillon batted with two on. The Sask. catcher dropped the
third strike near his pads, then threw way high to first into
right field, allowing PEI to score both runners and put Dillon
on second with none out and a 9-9 game.
Alex MacDonald put an exclamation mark on this very offensive
game, hitting a long home run to make it 13-9 P.E.I.
Brady Woods, who plays with Fargo N.D. Kegel in ISC play, is
now in for the D'Backs.
Sask will now get ready to face N.S. at 6 pm ADT.

 Al's Fastball News
*Email: fastball(at)pmihrm.com
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NEWS-1: http://www.AlsFastball.com/