From:  Patrick Healey <pat_healey21(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  JR MEN'S - Sask. D'BACKS BEGIN BUSY DAY 5 WITH WIN

DIAMONDBACKS BEGIN BUSY DAY 5 WITH WIN; IMPROVE TO 4-2; CLOSE
IN ON FIRST

SUMMERSIDE - Colby Bierle pitched a two hitter, Kyle Rivett hit
an inside the park home run and Kinley Sevick blasted a three-run
bomb as the Saskatchewan Junior Diamondbacks began a busy day
5 on the right foot with an 11-1 mercy rule victory over winless
New Brunswick Miramichi Vics.
Sevick’s hit a first pitch offering in the second inning, scoring
Kurtis Mugford and Codie Gross.
An inning later, Gross (1-2) hit a three-run double. Jeremy Kenny
(1-2, run scored, tow run double), Matt King (2-3, RBI) and Tyler
Dueck (1-2, RBI, three runs scored).
Bierle said the team will rest to prepare for Quebec at 8 pm
on field 2 then the completion of their game vs NL Kelly's Pub
Canadians at 12 midnight. Sask. leads 2-1 in bottom of the third.
"Hopefully, we can win the last two, that's the plan anyways,"
he said. "I hope we can pull it off if we can keep our bats going."
Jeremy Regan (1-3) and Matt Houcy (1-2) had the N.B. hits.
Shane Benjamin suffered the loss allowing 10 runs on seven hits,
walking three and sitting down one. Brandon Gorman went two and
two third innings allowing a run on three hits and sitting down
one.
Saskatchewan improved to 4-2 while the Vics fell to 0-6.

 Al's Fastball News
*Email: fastball(at)pmihrm.com
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NEWS-1: http://www.AlsFastball.com/

We plan to be in–Kitchener – August 10-18 – 2007 ISC World Tournament
  http://www.iscfastpitch.com/

Follow the action: Go to http://www.iscfastpitch.com/ and click
on the ISC icon at the top of the page for all the ISC World
Tournament action or click on the ISC II icon for all the ISC
II Tournament of Champions action. Or go direct:
ISC 2007 World Tournament: http://www.iscfastpitch.com/index.php?page=153
ISC II 2007 Tournament of Champions:
http://www.iscfastpitch.com/index.php?page=157

VIA http://www.webbox.com