From:  "Gilles LeBlanc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject:  Canada improves to 3-0 in softball

Canadaimproves to 3-0 in softball

BANGKOK, Thailand -Canada moved to 3-0 in Group A softball action
Sunday at the 2007 SummerUniversiade, handing South Africa a
15-0 defeat at Thammasat University.

The Canadians face Chinese Taipei (2-0) on Monday at 10 a.m.
in what willlikely be a battle for first place in their Group.
Chinese Taipei was leadingItaly 3-1 today when play was suspended
due to rain.

Canada's first nine batters all came around to score as the Pan
American Gamessilver medallists opened up an 11-0 lead through
one against South Africa.

Simon Fraser University's Becky Hartley of Richmond went 3-for-3
with a doubleand three runs scored, while Katie Rosentreter of
Winnipeg allowed two hits andstruck out five with one walk during
the shortened, four-inning game.

"We really wanted to make sure that we worked on our adjustments,
wedidn't want it to be a push day," said senior national team
andUniversiade head coach Lori Sippel. "I thought the girls did
really well.We adjusted to the slower pitching and made them
play the ball. Our sights areon the championship game, so we
need to make sure we stay sharp mentally and bebetter ballplayers
at the end of each game."

Canada faced Chinese Taipei earlier this summer at the Canada
Cup, beating them12-2, and both teams will have a handful of
the same players in their lineupstomorrow. Taking the mound for
Canada Monday is Langley, B.C., native DanielleLawrie, the sophomore
all-American from the University of Washington.

"It's going to look a lot different tomorrow than it did today,"
saidSippel. "We're going to have to come ready to put some good
swings on theball and make the right pitches."

-CIS-

Source:

AriGrossman

TeamCanada Sports Information Officer

2007Summer Universiade

Cell.in Bangkok, Thailand: 011-66-87-932-9716

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Al's Fastball News
*Email: fastball(at)pmihrm.com
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NEWS-1: http://www.AlsFastball.com/

We plan to be in–Kitchener – August 10-18 – 2007 ISC World Tournament
  http://www.iscfastpitch.com/

Follow the action: Go to http://www.iscfastpitch.com/ and click
on the ISC icon at the top of the page for all the ISC World
Tournament action or click on the ISC II icon for all the ISC
II Tournament of Champions action. Or go direct:
ISC 2007 World Tournament: http://www.iscfastpitch.com/index.php?page=153
ISC II 2007 Tournament of Champions:
http://www.iscfastpitch.com/index.php?page=157

VIA http://www.webbox.com