From:  "Steven L. Banasick" <lightdoc(at)cvzoom.net>

Subject:  Tournament Update

**Update**

The 11 Annual Southwestern PA 'All Wooden Bat Tournament' Sponsored
By "BWP Bats"
 and Presented By Route 66 Klubs & Robert German, Tax Advisor
& Consultant in Scottdale, PA

*Note*  Due to extreme flooding and the losses which their families
suffered, we want to extend or hearts and prayers to the 'Kentucky
Headhunters' as more than half of their homeland was underwater.

This is the First All Wooden Fastpitch Softball Tournament in
PA in over 25 years.  Slated with 9 teams to show, the brackets
had to be altered the evening before due to the Kentucky team
having to fall out due to the wrath of Mother Nature, however;
Ron Kasch (Bat Rep for BWP Bats) was on hand to support the cause.
"This is far beyond what we had in mind when this started", said
Kasch, "We are overwhelmed by the local support of this event
and the open-mindness of the other softball and baseball leagues
that showed up to see our product in use.  We at BWP Bats stress
safety and fair play and we're putting the game back in the hands
of the fielders and to the true hitters of the game."

Metal Wood Bats, out of Charleston, WV sent their representative
to the event and offered each team a free sample bat for each
team to keep and use in the tournament. "I feel that the proof
to a wooden bat's success,  was found and proven tonight.  Our
bats offer a metal shaft bat with a wooden sweet spot.  This
offers teams a great product to educate the users  and players
as how to use a wooden bat without having the continual costs
of replacing broken bats."

A1 Sports also attended the evenings events as a local rep for
softball sporting goods in the Tri State Area.  "This is my first
Men's Fastpitch Tournament...and boy what I have been missing.
 Each of these games that we watched tonight kept us on the edge
of our chairs. And, I can't wait till tomorrow to see its outcome.
 I tip my hat to all attached to making this event what it is."

Here's a rundown on today's games:

Round 1

2  Burgtown  (Pittsburgh,PA)
7  Silverbacks  (SW PA)                     Billy Bretts WP

0  CMB  (Detroit,Mi)
1  PA Stock  (Eastern PA)                  Steven Banasick  WP

10  Maxwell's Big Bucks (Atlasburg, PA)    John Valina  WP
  2  German's  (East Huntingdon, PA)

3  WV Diamonds (Fairmont, WV)          Gregg Armon   WP
2  Carson's Tavern (Scottdale, PA)

Round 2

2  Silverbacks (SW PA)          LP   Ron Hribal          3 K's
   4 Hits  3 Earned Runs
3  PA Stock   (Eastern PA)     WP  Steven Banasick    8K's
4 Hits  1 Earned Run

3  Maxwell's Big Bucks  (Atlasburg, PA)  LP  John Valina  5 K's
   5 Hits  2 Earned Runs
4  WV Diamonds  (Fairmont WV)            WP

Round  3

8  WV Diamonds  (Fairmont, WV)  WP Clay       6 K's  6 Hits
2 Earned Runs
2  PA Stock  (Eastern PA)             LP Gower     4 K's  8 Hits
 6  Earned Runs

Losers Bracket

Round 1

1  Burgtown
0  CMB

2  German's
6  Carson's Tavern

Round 2

0  CMB
1  Carson's Tavern

5  Burgtown
2  German's

Sundays Schedule

9:30 am  Loucks Park Field, Scottdale, PA

Burgtown  VS. Maxwell's Big Bucks

11:00 am  Loucks Park Field, Scottdale, PA

Carson's Tavern VS. Silverbacks

 Al's Fastball News
*Email: fastball(at)pmihrm.com
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]